During these days, more than 90,000 customers and partners from more than 200 countries around the world are participating in Cisco Live! which this year has as its motto ‘Turn IT Up’.
During the meeting, it was emphasized that the year 2020 showed that technology can provide new ways to connect, protect and automate an increasingly digital world. Whether it’s building an inclusive Internet for the future, facilitating the new era of remote and hybrid work, offering the ability to choose when and how to acquire and deploy technologies, or using data to empower workers and create a more collaborative and inclusive culture. , IT is critical to helping organizations sustain and prosper.
The goal they have set for themselves in this Cisco Live! is to help organizations reinvent their applications
“We are in a unique moment where we can shape the immediate future. And for that we need the right technology pillars, ”says Chuck Robbins, President and CEO of Cisco. “With the innovations, we introduce these days, our customers around the world will not only be able to connect, protect and automate the future of IT, but also harness technology to drive a truly inclusive future for all.”
Cisco Live! Top Announcements
During a press conference, the Spanish division announced the main novelties that will be presented throughout this new edition of Cisco Live! The goal they have set for this edition is to help organizations reinvent their applications, facilitate team collaboration, protect their businesses, and transform their infrastructure.
“IT departments have been the ‘business heroes’ of this serious crisis, facilitating the operational continuity of companies and public services of the administrations,” said Andreu Vilamitjana, CEO of Cisco Spain. “Cisco Live innovations now help them accelerate their digital agility by simplifying the complexity of multi-cloud environments, protecting users, accesses and data, facilitating ICT-as-a-service consumption and automating manual processes.”
Among the novelties presented at Cisco Live !, the following stand out:
· As IT departments accelerate the adoption of software as a service (SaaS) and cloud solutions for hybrid work strategies, visibility beyond the corporate network is increasingly critical. Cisco announces the integration of the Internet and cloud intelligence solution ThousandEyes with the Cisco Catalyst 9000 switching family and with Cisco AppDynamics Dash Studio, introducing the first solution for extended visibility of the corporate technology environment.
· The acceleration of hybrid work and the transition to the cloud has increased the complexity of managing networks and security across an ever-growing attack surface of users, devices, applications and data. Cisco simplifies network and security operations with an extended Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture, with the ability to purchase all major components in a single offering and the flexibility to easily move to a unified subscription service in the future. Cisco also announces innovations in SecureX, its native cloud security platform, offering comprehensive protection from endpoints to the cloud.
· Organizations demand more choice in the types of technological solutions and in the way to buy and consume them. Cisco Announces Simplification of Technology Acquisition Practices with Cisco Plus, a Complete Flexible ‘as a Service’ Solution. Cisco Plus is not just hardware as a service or software as a service, it is focused on results and experiences and will deliver greater speed, agility and scalability to customers. Cisco Plus will also include Networking-as-a-Service (NaaS) solutions that will unify networking, security, and visibility across access, WAN, and Cloud environments to deliver an unmatched experience.
Rapid digitization and 5G create incredible possibilities and opportunities, but we must make sure they are for everyone. An inclusive future requires a network transformation that will forever change the Internet economy. Cisco reinforces its strategy for the Internet of the Future with breakthrough innovations in silicon, optics, software and systems that reinvent networking on a massive scale.
· For nearly 60 years, passwords have caused headaches for both users and IT administrators. Passwords are easily ‘compromised’ and difficult to manage, at a huge annual financial cost for businesses. Cisco Secure announces Duo passwordless authentication (part of Cisco), which enables users to bypass passwords and securely log into cloud applications using security keys or biometric authentication included in endpoints such as laptops and smartphones. Duo passwordless authentication is part of Cisco’s industry-leading zero trust platform that establishes device and behaviour monitoring controls to further strengthen login security.
· The pandemic is having a profound impact on the way we work. It’s more critical than ever to give teams the tools they need to collaborate and prosper, regardless of their physical location. Cisco will announce during the second day of Cisco Live! Cisco Webex innovations – based on the 400 capabilities recently added to the platform – to help people work smarter, improve their well-being, and drive more inclusive experiences.